Extra Extra: Melania Trump Booed door middelbare scholieren tijdens Opioid Summit Youthdecember 16, 2019
- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Melania Trump was loudly booed by high schoolers in Baltimore while giving a speech at a youth summit on drugs.
- Here is your hate read of the day: “Two-thirds of battleground state voters who chose Trump in 2016 but selected Democrats in the midterms say they will return to the president next year.”
- A new report finds that Indiana officials “quietly absolved Amazon of responsibility” for a warehouse worker’s death in order to aid the state’s bid for HQ2: “They deleted every fine levied and accepted the company’s argument—that the worker was to blame.”
- As an addendum to the series, Watchmen and The Atlantic teamed up for a brief graphic novel to show more of what happened during the massacre of Black Wall Street.
- Read about which Thanksgiving foods you can give to your very beautiful, very brave dog.
- Would you blow up your marriage because you were inspired by the movie Serendipity? I know I would! (I’m sorry, My Wife.)
- The FDA is not aboard the CBD hype train, and they have issued 15 warning letters, updated documents on safety concerns, and noted that “given the lack of scientific information, that FDA cannot conclude CBD is generally recognized as safe for use in human or animal food.”
- The New Yorker reports on a book tackling the inside story of Christopher Steele’s Trump Dossier.
- Parasite must be the funniest movie of the year, based on its French poster.
- Gov. Cuomo defended the extreme policing surge on NYCT: “Let’s get back to a little common sense in all this political hysteria,” Cuomo told reporters. “The MTA has to do two things, operate the trains and the buses and they have to operate on time and they have to be safe.”
- Have you spotted a Cats cab yet?
- And finally, can you tell who is and isn’t a real dog?