'Stoned' hondenvideo uitgebracht nadat huisdier cannabis cookie heeft gegeten

'Stoned' hondenvideo uitgebracht nadat huisdier cannabis cookie heeft gegeten

oktober 7, 2019 0 Door admin

Translating…

Footage of a “stoned” dog who became seriously ill after eating a cannabis edible found during a walk in Lancashire has been released to warn other pet owners about the drug’s effects.

The video shows Billy, a six-year-old spaniel-bichon frise cross, swaying back and forth with bloodshot eyes, clearly experiencing psychoactive effects.

Billy’s owner, Sarah Eccles, said that within two hours her pet had begun to have fits and was unable to stand up straight.

We’ll tell you what’s true. You can form your own view.

From 15p €0.18 $0.18 USD 0.27 a day, more exclusives, analysis and extras.

Emergency vet Sian Smith told Ms Eccles over the phone to bring Billy in urgently, and by the time they arrived he had lost control of his bladder, was suffering tremors and his heart rate had slowed dramatically.

Ms Smith gave the dog an injection to induce vomiting, to try to get the drugs out, and inserted an IV line to provide him with fluids. Billy remained at Myerscough Veterinary Group overnight under the close supervision of a nurse.

left Created with Sketch. right Created with Sketch.

1/19

A cat is carried by its owner after receiving treatment

Reuters/Aly Song

2/19

Acupuncture needles at the animal health centre

Reuters/Aly Song

3/19

A dog receives treatment

Reuters/Aly Song

4/19

A cat receives treatment

Reuters/Aly Song

5/19

A dog receives treatment

Reuters/Aly Song

6/19

A dog receiving treatment

Reuters/Aly Song

7/19

A cat receiving treatment

Reuters/Aly Song

8/19

A dog receives treatment

Reuters/Aly Song

9/19

A pet cat receives treatment

Reuters/Aly Song

10/19

A dog receives treatment

Reuters/Aly Song

11/19

Dogs receive treatment

Reuters/Aly Song

12/19

A dog sits inside a glass kennel at the animal health centre

13/19

A dog is carried by a veterinarian after receiving treatment at the animal health centre

Reuters/Aly Song

14/19

A dog is carried in a trolley by its owner after receiving treatment

Reuters/Aly Song

15/19

A dog receives treatment

Reuters/Aly Song

16/19

A cat receives treatment

Reuters/Aly Song

17/19

A dog walks with a wheelchair attached outside the animal health centre

Reuters/Aly Song

18/19

Dogs walk with wheelchairs attached outside the animal health centre

19/19

A dog receives treatment

Reuters/Aly Song

1/19

A cat is carried by its owner after receiving treatment

Reuters/Aly Song

2/19

Acupuncture needles at the animal health centre

Reuters/Aly Song

3/19

A dog receives treatment

Reuters/Aly Song

4/19

A cat receives treatment

Reuters/Aly Song

5/19

A dog receives treatment

Reuters/Aly Song

6/19

A dog receiving treatment

Reuters/Aly Song

7/19

A cat receiving treatment

Reuters/Aly Song

8/19

A dog receives treatment

Reuters/Aly Song

9/19

A pet cat receives treatment

Reuters/Aly Song

10/19

A dog receives treatment

Reuters/Aly Song

11/19

Dogs receive treatment

Reuters/Aly Song

12/19

A dog sits inside a glass kennel at the animal health centre

13/19

A dog is carried by a veterinarian after receiving treatment at the animal health centre

Reuters/Aly Song

14/19

A dog is carried in a trolley by its owner after receiving treatment

Reuters/Aly Song

15/19

A dog receives treatment

Reuters/Aly Song

16/19

A cat receives treatment

Reuters/Aly Song

17/19

A dog walks with a wheelchair attached outside the animal health centre

Reuters/Aly Song

18/19

Dogs walk with wheelchairs attached outside the animal health centre

19/19

A dog receives treatment

Reuters/Aly Song

“It was very frightening to see the effects of the cannabis on Billy,” Ms Eccles said. “He began twitching and fitting. He couldn’t stand up and even when he was sat on the vinyl flooring in the vets, his legs just splayed out.

“To other pet owners, just be vigilant. If unsure, seek medical advice immediately. The vet warned us that had we left it to linger – it had been over four hours since he had eaten the cannabis when we sought help – the outcome may have been very different.”

Ms Eccles wrote on Facebook that Billy “gulped down” a part of two chocolate cookies lying in the grass at her local park. She said she picked up one en route to the vets and returned later that night to dispose of the other.

She said the cookie was “laden” with cannabis, saying “the smell alone gave it away”, although there was no indication it had been tested to confirm its ingredients.

The psychoactive substance in cannabis is called THC. In very rare cases it can be fatal to dogs.

Only the best news in your inbox

“Dogs have so many more cannabinoid receptors in their brain and throughout their body,” University of Alberta animal science instructor Connie Varnhagen told Phys.org, explaining that this sensitive network can be overwhelmed by THC.

“They can die from the overdose. People get high, dogs get poisoned.”

Ms Eccles said she decided to release the video of Billy to help other dog owners identify the warning signs for an animal that has ingested cannabis.

Ms Smith, the vet who treated Billy, said: “Cannabis can be really harmful to dogs and with baked goods, chocolate is toxic to them as well, so we would always advise owners to seek immediate medical attention.

ow9hu7_safe_from_aegis_blacklist, shadow9hu7_safe_from_castrol, shadow9hu7_pos_keyword_blacklist_microsoft, shadow9hu7_safe_from_halifax_misc_blacklist, shadow9hu7_pos_ysl, neg_omg_spotx, shadow9hu7_pos_lner_block_v3, shadow9hu7_pos_castroljulyvtwo, gv_drugs, shadow9hu7_pos_amazon_carnival_row_01, indy_cat-lovers_nestle_jul16, gs_food_misc, lner_block_v2, gs_home_pets, gv_death_injury, gs_home, gs_food, shadow9hu7_safe_from_emirates_crew_incident, shadow9hu7_pos_keyword_blacklist_sky, shadow9hu7_pos_asda_7, jordan_test, lner_block, shadow9hu7_pos_amazon_carnival_row_03% 26playertype% 3Dclicktoplay% 26topictags% 3Dcannabis, thc, dogs “data-param-custom-targeting =” / 71347885 / _main_independent / in_news / in_uk / in_home_news / in_home_news_article “data-player =” SydS6Pxaf “data-video-id =” 6084400455001 “= = 6084400455001” = “315” i-amphtml-layout = “responsive” id = “6084400455001” layout = “responsive” noloading = “” width = “560”>      Amp-Brightcove>               

        

            Mysterieziekte doodt tientallen honden in heel Noorwegen terwijl ambtenaren op zoek zijn naar een oorzaak          Figcaption>      P>      Cijfer>                                                                                      

“De behandeling hangt sterk af van hoeveel ze hebben gegeten – en hoe lang geleden sinds ze het aten. Als het heel recent gebeurde, kunnen we een emetische injectie geven om ze ziek te maken.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

“Maar als het na een paar uur is, is het al verteerd en moeten we ondersteunende behandelingsopties onderzoeken. Het is belangrijk om zo snel mogelijk medisch advies in te winnen. ”

                                                                                                                                                                                                     

De belangrijkste veterinaire officier van de RSPCA, Caroline Allen, benadrukte ook het belang om snel naar een dierenarts te gaan en zei: “De prioriteit van de dierenarts zal altijd het welzijn van het dier zijn, niet waar de medicijnen vandaan kwamen.”

                                                                                                                                                                                                     

“Honden zullen altijd dingen consumeren die ze niet zouden moeten eten als ze thuis zijn of tijdens het wandelen, dus mensen mogen nooit dingen laten rondslingeren in geval van accidentele inname. Het is een misdrijf volgens de Animal Welfare Act als iemand zijn dier opzettelijk een bedwelmende stof laat consumeren. ”

                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

De afgelopen jaren zijn verschillende producten die cannabidiol (CBD) bevatten, een niet-psychoactieve stof die wordt aangetroffen in cannabis, geïntroduceerd voor huisdieren, met name door Martha Stewart .

                                                                                                                     

Hoewel CBD vaak wordt gepromoot als een manier om angst of lichamelijke pijn bij mensen te verlichten, blijft het onduidelijk welk effect het op honden zou kunnen hebben.

                                                                                                                     

Aanvullende rapportage door SWNS

                                                                                                                                                    

Lees meer over hoe CBD Olie kan helpen met uw hond op MHBioShop.com h3> Div>
Lees Meer