Zeven kinderen werden gearresteerd tijdens twee afzonderlijke politie-achtervolgingen door Adelaidmaart 15, 2020
Updated March 09, 2020 11:39:59
Seven children have been arrested over two separate pursuits through the Adelaide Hills and the city’s northern suburbs this morning.
Police spotted an allegedly stolen Mazda CX-5 SUV on Marion Road at Netley about 6:00am and followed the car as it travelled through the Adelaide CBD and then towards Glen Osmond, in Adelaide’s east.
The driver refused to stop the car, which was spiked near the Stirling exit of the South Eastern Freeway.
It continued driving towards Hahndorf in the Adelaide Hills with three punctured tyres, reducing in speed from 100 kilometres per hour to 15kph.
Senior Constable Mick Abbott said a 15-year-old boy and a girl of the same age were caught after the car stopped before a second set of road spikes near the Mount Barker exit about 7:30am.
Both have been charged with illegal use of a motor vehicle.
The female driver will also be charged with engaging in a police pursuit and driving unlicensed.
Police believe the car was stolen from Grange.
Traffic on the South Eastern Freeway has now returned to normal.
Five arrested after northern suburbs pursuit
Earlier this morning, four teenagers and a 10-year-old boy were arrested after allegedly being involved in a pursuit in Adelaide’ northern suburbs.
A patrol spotted a stolen Hyundai sedan speeding along Main North Road in Elizabeth East about 4:00am.
With help from the police helicopter and dogs, officers arrested a 17-year-old Kilburn boy, a 14-year-old Port Augusta girl, a 13-year-old Edwardstown girl, a 13-year-old Elizabeth boy and a 10-year-old Gawler boy at Para Hills and Ingle Farm.
Police believe the car was stolen during an earlier break-in at Redwood Park.
In nearby Modbury it took took four hours for a car to be removed after driving onto the O-Bahn busway.
The car drove down the track from Tea Tree Plaza before rolling near Reservoir Road, injuring the 43-year-old male driver.
Bus services on the O-Bahn have returned to normal.
The O-Bahn opened 34 years ago today.
Senior Constable Abbott said incidents on the O-Bahn happened too often.
“We’re taking blood and he’s not seriously injured but a little shaken by it,” he said.
Pizza shop robber refuses pizza instead of cash
Meanwhile, staff at a northern Adelaide pizza bar have tried to placate an armed intruder by offering to make him a pizza.
The man used an axe to threaten staff and demand money at the business, on Nelson Road at Para Vista, about 10:00pm.
Police say staff told the intruder there was no cash there but that they could make him a pizza instead.
The suspect left empty-handed.
Police described him as being of “African appearance”, about 185 centimetres tall, wearing a white shirt and blue jeans.
First posted March 09, 2020 09:17:04